Monday, October 16, 2006

Account of mugging witness

pleasurepallas witnessed the September 15 mugging of a woman by men who got away in a gold cadillac (originally reported here):
So I just thought I'd let everyone know that on my way to the studio tonite (as in, like 5 minutes ago), I saw my very first Hyde Park mugging. These three guys sprinted across the road and hopped into a golden Cadillac. Then a woman rounded the corner screaming that they'd stolen her purse. The perps got away, but at least about four witnesses got the license plate number. I'm ashamed to say that I did nothing. In my defense, I was in my own world and had my headphones on, so I was a little out of it. By the time I realized what was going on, it was way too late to do anything. I froze. I got scared. I'm too young and pretty to die. But I feel horrible. But what could I have done, honestly? Affront four felons with no weaponry or knowledge of their state. The lady as banged up pretty bad and crying. I feel horrible....this sort of thing evidently happens on a more-than-daily basis here. So now I have to try and get some work done, but I can't stop thinking about it.

No comments: